Love him or hate him, Oli Sykes is one of the best guys for ink!
As far as anyone can see, the hot headed death/metalcore vocalist from the Steel City of Sheffield, England is covered in tattoos.
Here is what we know he has done at the moment:
1. His first tattoo, he has stated, was the hearts on his stomach which he had done when he was 17 or 18.
2. His right arm sleeve is made up of hearts and locks at the top, his entire sleeve he stated was ‘what the guy just drew up’: they have no meaning. There is a lady with wings blowing smoke onto a skull, this particular design was by a guy from America. The rest of the sleeve is made up of roses and wish bones for good luck. There are also some characters from Sykes’ clothing range Drop Dead which he designs himself.
3. The tattoos on his neck are for life and death, on the left hand side is the life and death on the right hand side. In the middle is his trademark rose.
4. The chest piece is also created as a reflection of his interest in death; it was designed by Diego and Alison from Leeds. Their designs seem to come together nicely, with relatively few instructions from Oli with respect to what he wants: the rest is up to them and they don’t seem to cease wowing him.
5. The ‘Betrayal‘ banner with the dead bird underneath it symbolises all the rubbish friends Oli had at school, that betrayed him.
6. On the back of his right hand is a woman with an octopus head, this idea came from, ‘The Creature From the Black Lagoon’.
7. On his fingers he has ‘Drop Dead’ written: this refers to his clothing range.
8. On his right wrist is Bring Me The Horizon‘s logo.
9. On his right ribs is a shark.
10. At his waist line Oli has an eagle with a rose under each wing and the word ‘Reckless’ tattooed underneath.
11. On his left arm Oli has another full sleeve, but in a different style to the one on his right, this again extends down to his hand.
So there you have it, some of Oli Sykes’s many tattoos, and if you have any tattoos to rival his or any other renowned tattooed band members please send ‘em in!
To see more amazing ink, please visit our sister site, www.scenetattoos.co.uk!